The SMARTone & SMARTprobe is a revolutionary Digital Tone Generator and Digital Probe Kit for network installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and cable organization tool. This device is an advanced tone generator and probe that offers a much more reliable solution than previous models. Due to surrounding noise and signal leakage from older tone generator, it was difficult to be certain when tracing and identifying the cables. Misidentifying the cables was a common issue especially when cables are bundled together.
The SMARTone & SMARTprobe addresses the limitation of previous models by utilizing advanced digital signal technology to generate, trace, and identify cables at high speed with high precision. The two distinctive digital tone signal (single and dual-tone) along with 9 visual indicator had increase efficiency and tracing capabilities. Furthermore, the SMARTprobe is exceptionally design to function as a remote terminator for testing cables at a distant end. When in conjunction, the SMARTone and SMARTprobe also function as a cable tester to test cable continuity, telephone service/polarity, and a wire mapper. The SMARTprobe is a remote terminator that have wire-mapping capabilities to display and provide pin-to-pin configuration of cables to determine if it is opened, shorted, reversed, crossed, or miswired.
The SMARTone & SMARTprobe is a groundbreaking advancement from the long-standing Analog Tone Generators and Probes. A true breakthrough that significantly improved tracing, identifying and testing cables during network installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of network cables.
- Transmit advanced digital signal through cables for accurate tracing and identifying cables using digital SMARTprobe.
- Ability to send digital or analog tones with two distinct modes (one note–tone and two-note–tone)
- LED indicator for visual Identification
- Cable Tester and Probe in one.
- Pin–to–pin testing for identifying wiring faults (opened, shorted, reversed, crossed, or miswired) and cable configuration
- Determine, locate and organize network cables
- Telephone service and polarity test: +polarity; –polarity; ringing
- Black and red alligator clips to test individual cable wire
- Operable with traditional probe (1kHz analog tone)
- Auto Power–off and low battery indicator
- Complies with IEEE802.3af standard
- 2 functionalities in one: Probe Unit and Remote Terminator (Cable Tester)
- Digital signal tracing technology to avoid noises and false signals
- Accurately traces and identify cables quickly and efficiently
- Can identify cables in bundles or at patch panels
- Receives both digital and 1 kHz analog signals with both two distinct tones: One Note–Tone or Two Note–Tone
- 9 visual indicator levels for tone signal sensitivity
- Adjustable speaker volume for various working environments
- Special inductive tip for protection against accidental shorts from high voltage devices
Part# 256713D Digital SMARTone & SMARTprobe Kit