Hobbes Fiber Checker Pro Visual Fault Locator (VFL) is used to check the defects, breakpoints, connections, bending or cracking of fiber cables by sending a highly visible 650nm wavelength red laser light through the fiber optic cable. Fiber cables with breaks or faults in the fiber will refract the light, illuminating the faulty area to determine the location of the break or faults. It identifies breaks, bending or cracking, pinched, poor connections, or bad splices of fiber cables. Hobbes Fiber Checker Pro pen-type design with a case makes it portable and a convenient tool to quickly check fiber cables.
Fiber Checker Pro is integrated with a universal connector that can test the most common fiber cable interfaces (ST, SC, FC, FDDA, and 1.25mm with the included adaptor) of both single–Mode and multi–Mode cables. With 2 signal output selection, CW mode (continuous), or PW mode (pulse), it is simple to determine and locate fiber cable faults in various settings. It has a specially designed power circuit that delivers steady power to cease unstable laser output when the battery is low and provides a test range of up to 7 kilometers (4.34 Miles). Hobbes Fiber Checker Pro is a constructive tool to test fiber cables and designed for both personal and professionals use.
- Wavelength: 650nm
- Test both single-mode and multi-mode cables
- Universal connector to test different interfaces: ST, SC, FC, FDDA, 1.25mm with included adaptor
- Visibility range up to 7km (4.34 Miles)
- Determine fiber faults: breaks, bending or cracking, pinched, bad splices, and poor connections
- Highly effective power circuits for stable laser power
- 2 output modes: CW (continuous wave) & PW (pulse wave)
- Built-in dustproof cover
- LED indicator for power, battery level, and mode
- Pen-type design visual fault locator (VFL)