GIGATEST is a wire-speed Ethernet Tester that features on-site cabling analysis of network infrastructures.
Network cabling of new structures is generally performed by third-party contractors that often perform network cable testing to ensure connectivity. However, it is frequent network throughput is neglected and only to be discovered the cables installed are unable to reach wire-speed transmission or receive multiple error packets. A large part of establishments functioning smoothly is rooted in the performance of the network. GIGATEST is the ideal solution for testing and troubleshooting potential problems of data transmission and bandwidth.
GIGATEST function in pairs with the assignment of "Lord and Servant" intended to achieve singlehanded testing. The units automatically negotiate to establish bi-directional symmetric/asymmetric wire-speed transmission (loop test) and synchronize test results. When installing an asymmetric transmission network, in which the downstream is greatly faster than upstream speed, it is difficult to test the network using the general loopback method. Since data transmission speeds of both sides must match, GIGATEST asymmetric loop test is capable of adjusting the speed to verify symmetric transmission quality.
Utilizing GIGATEST during network cabling set-up will ensure networks can optimally perform to minimizing interruptions, eliminate downtime, and capable of supporting future needs of your operation.
- Wire-speed gigabit packet generator and analyzer for bi-directional symmetric and asymmetric transmission test
- Packet generation of short, long, and random length packet by on–panel operation
- Pair of GIGATEST that function as "Lord and Servant" for Bi-directional or loopback transmission test
- Mesh loop function that forward test streams up to five GIGATEST in mesh LAN
- Internet connectivity test by accessing and downloading files from the internet
- Support layer 1 and layer 2 loopback.
- Five customizable test modes configurable by PC in advance and operational on–panel button
- Time-based test or packet counts based test (with utility software configuration)
- Packet Length: Configure packet length (Short, Long, Random, User-Define)
- BERT Loopback Test: "Lord" send BERT pattern to the "servant" for loopback test
- Mesh Loop: "Lord" sends test packets to the "1st Servant", then "1st Servant" forward packets to the "2nd Servant" (repeats/continuous until packets return to "Lord".
- User-defined packet loss criteria for loopback test to determine Pass/Fail
- Generate specified VLAN ID tagged packet
- Generate specified destination IP/source IP packet
- Asymmetric network test without complicated settings
- Transfer Rate: Customized in Mbps
- 10 pre-defined test patterns and 5 user-defined patterns for instant testing or customized applications
- 10/100Mbps half/full duplex and 1000Mbps full-duplex
- Web Access: Get IP from DHCP and download a specified file from the Internet
- PC control: Control by PC via USB port
- Powerful software application for advanced configuration/operation via USB cable
- Built-in rechargeable Ni-Mh battery for conducting tests on-site without the need for an extra power source
Part# 256852 GIGATEST 1 Port Wirespeed Gigabit Ethernet Tester