LANsmart is a hi-tech, multi-functional network cable tester. It measures cable length using TDR (Time Domain Reflectometers) technology in real-time. Test and detects cables continuity to determine wire faults: open, short, miss–wired, split pairs, and shield continuity. It displays results in pin–to–pin format on a clear and easy to read display. If an open/short fault is detected on a cable, LANsmart will locate and disclose the distance in 2 measurement options (meters or feet). LANsmart also includes a removable remote terminator to test cables with ends in multiple locations or at a distant end.
With LANsmart, cable organizing is much simpler using its Port Finder Function. The LANsmart transmits auto-negotiation signals that will initiate a “flashing indicator” on the hub/switch/router to determine the corresponding cable/port. LANsmart is compact, economic, and easy to operate. Its advanced functionalities and versatility make LANsmart an all in one tester suitable for all professional technicians and installers.
• Incorporates TDR technology
• Tests any twisted pair of category 3/4/5/6 and Cat7 cables
• Measures length of UTP and STP cable without remotes
• Calibrated velocity propagation ability for non–standard cables to increase measuring accuracy
• Wire mapping: pin–to–pin test
• Identify multiple faults: open, shorts, miss–wire, reverse, split pairs
• Port-finder function to identify the corresponding socket on hub/switch
• Tone generator with selectable pin capability
• Compatible with cable tracers available in the market
• Compact and versatile
• Easy to read display with back-light for every environment
• Detachable remote terminator for testing installed or pre-installed cables at a distant end.