The LANtest Pro IDT is a practical network installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting tool for testing Ethernet twisted pair cables. It tests cable continuity and determine if it's open, short, crossed, reversed, or split pairs. The LANtest Pro IDT is equipped with a Tone Generator that injects a tone signal through the modular cable for locating and tracing cable wires behind drywalls, wood, and other enclosures (requires an amplifier probe). With the use of an amplifier probe, it identifies individual cables within a bundle of cables and detects breakage points along the length of the cable.
LANtest Pro IDT includes 4 remote terminators to concurrently test 4 individual cables at different locations to determine if it is properly set-up in achieving a strong connection between the source and destination. This unit also includes a case/storage to minimize loss or damage and for convenient transport to any job site. The LANtest Pro is the ideal cable testing instrument for quickly verifying cable connections on a network.
- Tests cable wiring faults: open, short, reverse, crossed, and split pairs; verification of shield integrity
- Remote Terminator for identifying cables and one-person testing
- 4 Remote terminators for testing pre-installed cables with distant ends
- Tone Generator (2 Modes): single and dual-tone mode (compatible with cable tracers available in the market)
- Quick and easy to read fault display
- Debug mode for detailed fault identification
- Auto-Sleep: Battery saving feature