Poesmart is a PoE inline tester designed to support IEEE 802.3bt Power-over-Ethernet standard. It detects the existence and identifies both standard (active) and non-standard (passive) PoE systems. When connected to a passive PD, PoEsmart displays the voltage and polarity of the operating PoE data pair and spare pair. For active PoE systems, PoEsmart is designed with an internal power device simulator known as SPD (simulate power device) to perform a negotiation process with the PSE (power source equipment) to establish voltage, current, and power draw of IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at / UPoE / 802.3bt Type 3 (4PPoE) and 802.3bt Type 4 PoE standards.
When linked with a PD and PSE, PoEsmart will actively analyze and monitor the voltage, current, polarity, and wattage supplied by PSE to PD without interrupting data flow. Results are shown on an OLED high-resolution display for an enhanced viewing quality and wider viewing angle suitable for various settings. With its extensive display, PoEsmart delivers a balanced layout for full visibility of the data to eliminate the inconvenience of scrolling or rotating for contents.
PoEsmart is the next generation of Power Over Ethernet Tester that is crucial when managing PoE systems.
- Identifies PoE standard of PSE: IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at, IEEE802.3bt (Type 3 and Type 4), or non-standard without having a separate power device.
- Identifies the polarity of the PoE data pair and spare pair (Endspan or Midspan or Ultra 4-pair).
- Monitor and troubleshoot IEEE802.3af/802.3at/802.3bt Type 3 (4PPoE) and 802.3bt Type 4 standard PoE systems.
- Real-Time IEEE802.3bt inline status analysis and monitoring.
- Supports Ethernet Data: 10/100/1000
- Full OLED display of PoE information without scrolling.
- Measures current and power from DC supplies.
- Verify PoE status in digital signage, CTV/PoE cameras, VOIP phones, Wi-Fi installations, POS Systems and much more.
- Battery-free operation technology.
- Compact and lightweight design.
Part# 256320 PoEsmart - Power Over Ethernet (PoE) Inline Tester