(Digital Tone Receiver Only - Probe)
Hobbes SMARTprobe is a unique device that functions as 2 essential tools. It is an enhanced probe or signal amplifier that is capable in receiving both analog and digital tone signals for a precise cable identification during installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing cable networks.
The SMARTprobe also function as a remote terminator for cable testing when used with Hobbes SMARTone, NETmapper and LANsmart Series. It conveniently test cables continuity, telephone service/polarity, and cable wire-mapper. When using the SMARtprobe as a wire-mapper, it will display the cables pin configuration (pin-to-pin) to indicate if it is an open, short, reversed, crossed, or miswired cable. The SMARTprobe is a siginificant improvement from the older analog probe devices. It is a useful upgrade to increases effectiveness when tracing, identifying, repairing and testing cable networks.
- 2 functionalities in one: Probe Unit and Remote Terminator (Cable Tester when used with SMARTone, NETmapper and LANsmart Series)
- Digital signal tracing technology to avoid noises and false signals
- Accurately traces and identify cables quickly and efficiently
- Identify cables in bundles or at patch panels
- Receives both digital and 1 kHz analog signals with both signals having two distinct tones: One Note–Tone or Two Note–Tone
- 9 visual indicator levels for tone signal sensitivity
- Adjustable speaker volume for various working environments
- Special inductive tip for protection against accidental shorts from high voltage devices
Part# 256712D SMARTprobe Digital Tone Receiver (Digital Probe)