Hobbes Innovation Tone Generator and Probe Kit is a highly practical network installation, troubleshooting, cable organizing, and identifying tool. The Tone Generator emits two distinctive tones (single or dual-tone) that are easily traceable and identifiable with the Probe. It is viable in verifying cables continuity, identify wiring faults, determine line polarity and voltage of network and modular telephone lines.
The Hobbes Probe is equipped with a volume-controlled tone amplifier and LED indicator for both audible and visual identification. The probe’s powerful speaker makes tracing cables in enclosures simpler and faster, whereas the LED, provides tracing accuracy and is suitable for various work environments. What's more, the Hobbes probe includes a specially designed plastic conductive tip to prevent shorting of expensive telecom and network equipment. The Hobbes Tone Generator and Probe Kit is essential for precise tracing and identifying communication cables.
- Dual-mode tone generator (single and dual tone)
- Black and red alligator clips and standard RJ-11 plug to test individual wire or RJ-11 jack
- 3 color led indicator display for telephone line polarity, continuity, and voltage testing
- Toggle switch to control 3 modes of operation
- 3 color LED indicator display telephone line polarity, continuity, and voltage testing
- 3 modes of operation for different environmental situations
- Amplifies both single and dual-tone
- Special inductive tip to prevent accidental shorts
- Traces and identifies wires or cable without damaging cable insulation
- Adjustable volume level for various work environments
- Power switch to prevent battery drain